Saturday, April 15, 2017

Week 10

Hello World!


Well, here we are, Week 10! The ultimate week to my srp!

This was the last week I spent on site, and this week was really laid back, I just had to graph out a bunch of 3-D mesh plots and then I was able to finish my final presentation.
As I worked through my presentation, I reminisced about everything that I had learned. It was a really great experience. I learned so much, about the technical side of prosthetic development, and the movement of the prosthetic. I actually got to use a prosthetic, and learned the frustrating reality of its capabilities

Also as a bit of clarification, I am going to take some time to properly explain the main error I encountered during this project. So, when grabbing an object in this experiment, and with things in real life, your fingers curl in. When doing so with the motion sensors, the motion cameras around me, as seen in the picture to the right, didn't pick up data. 

So then along with that, my final presentation came as the final culmination of this entire project. Although I did procrastinate and watch a couple of videos on Youtube, I was able to mostly stay on track and finish up my presentation. It was interesting when compiling the social attitudes, because I went in depth on different societies, but as an overarching analysis, I saw how with the Industrial Revolution, and more manual jobs, the increasing near for prosthetic functionality increased. Earlier with societies, such as Egypt or Greece, and even in the middle ages, prosthetics centered around cosmetic appearance. That was just something neat that I noticed.

As for my final product, I still am trying to decide what to do, so if you have any suggestions, please include them in the comments section. 

Yeah, and that's a wrap! Thank you all for reading! 





20 comments:

  1. Sri,
    Congratulations on finishing. I'm glad you learned a lot and had fun on this project. I cant wait to see your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sri! Amazing post, and thank you for the clarification. In terms of your final product-idk if this is reasonable- but could you print a 3D model of a prosthetic hand? Can't wait to see your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Saleena! I wanted to design and print one, but that entire process is quite extensive, so I am going to focus on that for the summer. I am actually leaning towards a brochure at the moment. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing! I know that some people are doing brochures? What general ideas do you have regarding your "final product"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I am leaning towards doing a brochure, comparing the two mechanically.

      Delete
  4. Sri,congratulations on finishing on your project. By the way, can you model and 3D print the prostetic hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayan! Yeah, I wanted to, but unfortunately, that takes way too much time and the modelling process would take too long. I might try to over the summer, though. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sri! Congratulations on finishing your work! You're project was really interesting and I really enjoyed learning about prosthetics. Will you continue your work after the presentation? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I will be continuing over the summer!

      Delete
  6. Hi Sri!
    I had so much fun following your blog and learning about prosthetics. I cannot wait to see your results! Are you using your research from psychological effects of having a prosthetic in your final presentation? Thanks for letting me follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Thank you! I will be using the social aspects but not the psychological aspects.Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Sri, Congratulations on finishing! I know you researched about the psychological effects of the prosthetic. Will you include that research?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anthony! I will be including the social analysis, but not the psychological analysis. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Hey Sri! Great post, and congrats on finishing your internship. Quick question- what part of your experience do you plan on focusing on for your presentation? Good luck with everything, and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Korina! I am going to be focusing on the experimental portion and the social analysis. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Sri,
    Your project was so interesting! Prosthetics is such a cool subject and all of the work you put into it hopefully paid off. I hope you have a good rest of the year off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sri. Throughout your entire project, your dedication to the study of both the technical (science-wise) and social effects of prosthetic has intrigued me throughout. I am glad to know you are making a difference for those who have lost a limb and explored what they had to go through with a prosthetic. I'm sure your presentation will be great. It's been quite the journey hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete